A couple weeks had gone by and no blue penicillin mold was growing on the cheese. Instead, it was covered in a white mold identical to Camembert/Brie. By now I had washed the surface several times with a salt solution like you are supposed to for a Stilton, and I was concerned. So, I rechecked my supplies. What did I find? I was down one packet of Camembert/Brie, and had all of my blue cheese LAB/mold cultures. I had used the mold cultures for Brie but had followed the instructions for Stilton blue cheese.
I was tempted to toss the mistake at first. Who knows what the heck I would get and I wasn't sure I wanted to find out. But something in me decided that it may not be the best cheese, but it would probably be safe to eat. So I waited.
A couple weeks ago, I cut into one of the rounds to try it. Here's a picture of it: